Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I am Petruchio



  As anticipated, we all got our assigned characters last night at Studio, and I think everybody was really pleased. I was hoping for Hamlet, but Petruchio from "Taming of the Shrew" is a great role. My Kate and I already have a natural chemistry, and I think that will serve the work especially well. The only thing that concerns me is that it's got so many similarities to other characters I've played recently. I'm starting to feel a bit typecast in these "charming rogue" roles. Don't get me wrong, they're fun to play, but I'm already growing a little tired of them.
  Regardless, we are hip deep in Shakespeare now, and it's so interesting breaking these texts down in a way that you really begin to understand them. I had no idea how complex they are in structure and form. Just brilliant.
  Should be an interesting semester.



No comments:

Post a Comment