Monday, February 7, 2011

The London Symphony Orchestra



  Meant to blog this last weekend when it actually happened, but I've been crazy busy.
  After being robbed of most of my weekend with an acting workshop, I had to use the evenings to hit the town. Saturday, I got some uh-mazing sushi/sashimi at Pham Sushi (highly recommended, Londoners), then followed it up with a delicious dessert at a very interesting pub I tripped across down the block.
  Sunday night, when our work was done, I scampered off to the London Symphony Orchestra and their performance of Elgar's "The Kingdom." Absolutely breathtaking. I love the symphony, and getting to see LSO was a fantastic treat. For this concert, there was the full orchestra, the London Symphony Chorus (huge) and then four soloists. Right from the opening notes, I was captivated. Hearing the orchestra cut loose with the full chorus all rattling the hall was indescribable. There were also some incredible quiet moments, and the soprano soloist had a piece that really showed the tremendous control and beauty of her voice. Amazing.
  So, yeah, great weekend, even with all the work. Next weekend, travelling to Edinburgh, Scotland. Blog to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment