Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Something Real


  They just don't make 'em like they used to. This is a song I consider to be one of the most beautifully written and arranged peices ever. When I found this rare live performance of it recently, I had to share it.
  If you read up on Billy Preston, you'll find that he was a child piano prodigy, worked a lot with the Beatles, and wrote Joe Cocker's "You Are So Beautiful" among other things. Incredibly talented man. Syreeta Wright was no slouch either, teaming up with Stevie Wonder to write "Signed Sealed Delivered" and "If You Really Love Me."
  Here, their talents, backed by an arrangement of violins, harp, flute and percussion, are evident. They really bring the emotion of the lyrics out, and I think it's just an amazing and incredibly intimate live performance.
  Nobody does this kind of thing anymore. Shame.

  "Come bring me your softness, comfort me through all this madness." That line speaks volumes to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment