Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Showtime



  At last, it's finally time to hop the pond and show those Brits a little somethin-somethin. I can't believe it's finally here. It seemed so far away when I was notified of this callback on March 11. Now I'm armed with several monologues, a couple of songs, and a healthy dose of nerves. Funny enough, though, I seem to always do better when the stakes are higher. For me, right now, the stakes don't get much higher than this.
  I keep reminding myself that I'm already in. I HAVE a spot on the postgraduate program. Doing well at this callback will simply give me the freedom to pick the two or three year courses, which, funny enough, are actually undergrad programs. That may seem a little backwards to some, but it's what I want. It certainly doesn't make this callback any less important.
  I fly out of here tomorrow on my way to London's Heathrow aiport via New York's JFK. The callback is Sunday from 10:00 am to 5:30 pm, and I'll be returning home on Tuesday. I'll have internet access, but data roaming on my phone will be turned off, so no text messages. I'll try to update as it goes, and hopefully send back a few pics along the way.
  Catch you on the flip-flop.


No comments:

Post a Comment