Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy Fakesgiving!



  Yes, it's that time of the year again, for the first time ever. That doesn't make sense, but neither does Fakesgiving. It's a new holiday that I invented this year so that I could properly celebrate Thanksgiving early. I figure that this could be the last really fantastic meal that I'll have for a while after I become a student again.
  With only two weeks left here, I decided I would go out in style. Now, I'm no stranger to cooking a TG feast. I love to cook, as you all know. I did my fake holiday proud with all the normal fixins: Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, bread rolls, yams, and for dessert, a made-from-scratch apple pie. Yeah, you can say it. I kick culinary ass. I knocked the whole thing down with a really good Cabernet.
  Besides the good eats, I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to truly express my thanks and gratitude for all the amazing blessings I've had in my life this year. That's kind of the whole point of Thanksgiving, and, because I invented it, Fakesgiving as well. I said a prayer so long that I think I made God blush.
  For a look at the rest of the spread, check today's 365 blog. Happy Fakesgiving everybody!



No comments:

Post a Comment