Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Much Ado About Everything


  It's amazing how many things can happen in two weeks, but because the internet was out both here at my flat, and also at school, I haven't had a way to post blogs or pictures. That means there's a backlog of WAY too many things to talk about, and it would be the longest blog ever. So I'll have to just revert to my standard list form. Here are a few of the things that have happened lately:

1. Got to meet the wonderful David Suchet at LAMDA and listen to him speak and take questions. Amazingly generous and insightful.

2. Saw Henry IV at the Globe Theatre.

3. Saw Hamlet at the National Theatre.

4. Had a nice day long visit with Rubes and Benita on their way back to the States from Morocco.

5. Performed "Danny Boy" acapella. Again.

6. Performed a three minute solo dance piece.

  I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting. In the midst of all this, I've been rehearsing other songs, rehearsing roles for three different plays (up this week for the faculty), memorizing sonnets to be performed, doing character research for an improv class (quickly growing to be my fave), learning an array of historical dances, learning to speak proper RP, getting tremendous workouts, and learning to write speech in phonetic symbols.
  The physical and mental demands have been pretty heavy lately, but despite a lack of free time or breaks, I couldn't be happier. This is truly one of the best times of my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment