Friday, August 17, 2012

Day Seven: Palmdale, CA


  Done, done, and done. After a 2,700 mile drive, I finally arrived at my destination. The trip went like clockwork.
  Those last couple hundred miles sure dragged by, though. The closer I got to being home, the further it seemed. Especially when I was off the interstate and driving on city streets. They just kept going and going.
  I had a friend help me unload the big things I couldn't lift by myself, and then I unloaded the rest yesterday. It was about six hours of work on a 102 degree day. Not pleasant. But I had a most wonderful lunch with a most wonderful girl, so things ended well.
  Today, I feel like I was run over by the very truck I was driving. Muscle aches abound. But I can't tell you how good it is to have all my worldly posessions back after two years, and to have them all in my new apartment. Now, the unpackening begins.

  Here are a few shots I took along the way with my phone (Click to biggify).

Flying out of Burbank


Over the Grand Canyon


The Beast


Loading begins


Two years of storage rental stops


A chronicle of miles


Job mercifully complete



  And now, for a bit of well-earned rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment