Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It's on!


I had my last voice lesson with Mr. Fox tonight. Bittersweet, to be sure. He's been an excellent teacher, and so inspirational and encouraging. He has pushed me hard for the last nine weeks, and never let me get away with being lazy. It's good to have a teacher that you're willing to work hard for. I've always looked forward to our lessons every week, and I'll miss his humor and warmth.

I'll be singing in Mr. Fox's recital on January 15th, and then I'll be moving forward with my new voice teacher, Ms. Winter.

The toughest part is that I won't get to rehearse this song again, and I won't get to even see the space we're all singing in until about half an hour before we go on. It's a little nerve wracking, but Mr. Fox doesn't seem to be worried about it, so I won't be either. However it goes, it will be the first time I've sung an entire song solo in public. Break a lung!

2 comments:

  1. I already know how this turned out as I am posting after the fact. I would say that I am wishing to be able to sing myself someday. Wishing being the operative word as I certainly don't want to put any work into it. Isn't there just a magic pill? No? Well, humming is a noble pursuit. There are not a lot of noted hummers out there. I could define the field.

    Yay! A comment that had no sexual undertones! Oh wait, I mentioned hummers. Still don't get it? Ask you nearest perv.

    ReplyDelete