Friday, December 31, 2010

Smell you later, 2010



  2010 was probably the most tumultuous year I've ever seen. Talk about a crazy swing from the down to the up. This year had everything:

I saw my ex-wife lose her new husband and father of her baby to the war.
Bittersweetly saw an ex find the happiness she'd been seeking so long. Bitter for friendships lost, sweet because I'm incredibly happy for her.
Nailed THE most important audition ever.
Sold everything, completely uprooted my life and did a 180 with it.
Came within a hair's width of being arrested.
Started accumulating a shit-ton of student loan debt.
Completed a full year of daily picture blogging.
Got to prove my worst enemy entirely wrong- right to his face.
Said goodbye to friends, met a whole new group of amazing ones.
Survived "Snowmageddon" in D.C.
Saw the Queen, sang for her cousin.
Visited my hometown for the first time in three years.
Took my first stab at Shakespeare.

  There is a myriad of other triumphs and tragedies that aren't easily summed up. This year has just been jam packed all the way through. Looks like the coming year will be just as full. Right now, I'm an unemployed, homeless actor. Once I come back to the states and go through my showcases, I'll see where I end up. Could be New York, could be Los Angeles. Could be Chicago. Dunno. Might find work immediately, might not. I have no earthly clue how things are going to turn out, but that's always how life is. My life has never once been boring, and for that, I'm eternally grateful. Bring it, 2011.

Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment