Monday, May 25, 2009

Pre-performance Shindig!


  Last night, I invited my fellow classmates over to celebrate the end of the semester and get us all primed for the big performance of our final scenes tonight at 8:00!
  I grilled up some steaks and brats; there was corn on the cob, guacamole, potato salad, breads, cheeses, fruit, greek meatballs- just a ton of food. Earlier in the day, I baked one of my apple pies, which was served a la mode after dinner, and somebody brought cookies, too. We also had quite an array of wines throughout the evening, and I enjoyed some sort of plum alcohol that I'm pretty sure could have burned its way through solid steel.
  Suffice it to say, we were all feeling good and loose as we spent the rest of the evening ripping through a game of "Moods;" one of my faves, and a fantastic game for actors.
  We had a good mix of some crazy Bulgarian tunes that Cristina brought and the SIRIUS 90's channel going on, and at the end of the night as everybody was cleaning up and packing to go, there was an impromptu group performance/sing along with the satellite. Good times.
  So, tonight it all comes to a close with our big performance, and there's a little bit of tension in the air. Within the audience will be school faculty who will ultimately decide who advances and who gets held back. I can honestly say I'm looking forward to getting the chance to shine tonight. I have a great scene and a great scene partner, and I think we're going to bring the house down. We're last in the order, so I guess we'll have to! I'm going to try to sneak a video camera in there, so maybe I'll have something to share later in the week.
  Time to put my leading man face on. If you'll excuse me, I have a leg to break.










1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good time, break that leg, I hope that couch was free, and...WHO is that other piece of hotness?

    ReplyDelete