Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Everything continues


  With barely time to catch my breath, I will be starting the next semester at Studio in about two weeks. This term, I'll be taking "Shakespeare" and "Classical Voice & Movement." These are apparently very demanding courses and very vocally intensive. The first night of class, we're all expected to sing a song unaccompanied. I'll likely go with "Danny Boy" since I'm already working on that and would be wary of trying something new on such short notice.
  Last night's Final Scenes performance went very well. It ran smoothly, felt very connected, and seemed to get a great reception from the audience. We were first in the rotation, so there was a little bit of added pressure, but I couldn't be happier with the results. I was originally planning to take this next semester off, but after some *very* strong encouragement from Studio faculty, I decided to proceed with the next tier of training. The instructor for the Shakespeare block is also the founder of DC Studio Theatre, and she's been doing this for upwards of forty years. This will be her last semester teaching, and I need to take advantage. I'll still be auditioning in New York in late February with a goal of moving to London in the fall to pursue a degree.
  Speaking of LAMDA, I've finally picked the two monologues I'm going to audition with. The first will be the St. Crispin's Day speech from Henry V, and the second will be a comedic piece from "Fading Joy." I still don't know what I'm going to sing for my song.

  Oh, and I'm going to take up the violin. Again.


No comments:

Post a Comment